Monday, March 10, 2008

Daal Saag



As per Sid's request, todays menu is a typical Indian fare - Daal Saag (translation - Lentils and Greens). The "greens" were originally supposed to be spinach - but due to technical difficulties, its kale. Kale is considered to be a highly nutritious vegetable, with powerful antioxidant properties and is very high in beta carotene, vitamin K, vitamin A and vitamin C.

The "daal" is seasoned with mustard seeds, cumin, red chilies and a lot of indian spices you don't know of. If you come across a red chili, please don't eat it, unless of course you want to eat it.

Heat and eat. Enjoy!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Stumbled in and just wanted to say hi. Thanks for posting interesting items.

I would like to invite you to leave a comment on my blog. At my blog I ask people to tell me about their day in seven words or less. Just leave me a comment with your seven words, you can do it anonymously. If you'd rather not, then have a nice day.

http://todayinseven.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

It's like eating a ball of sunshine....wonderful!

Abbey Ash said...

What the fetch! How'd you find me? How are you? I haven't seen you in forever.

Mmm...looks yummy.

~McAbbster