Sunday, May 2, 2010

Mango Cupcakes


I stumbled upon this website and was taken by the beautiful layout, great use of type and of course the amazing pictures of cupcakes. I decided to try out one of the recipes - and since I had a tin of alphonso mango pulp from India, Cupcake #9: mango cupcakes seemed to be the right choice.
The recipe is pretty straight forward.

Mango Cupcakes

1 cup flour
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp salt
1/4 cup oil
1/2 cup sugar
1 tsp vanilla
1 egg
1 cup mango pulp
1/4 cup water

Mix all ingredients together. Beat with electric mixer until well-blended. Bake at 350 for 20 minutes, or until toothpick comes out clean.

I nixed the coconut topping from the original recipe (not a fan of shredded dried coconut) but made a mango mousse instead. Cream+mango pulp, whip away.
End product - very delish!

2 comments:

Mugs said...

the cupcake looks yummy.....the "website" that u have mentioned takes me to some job opening though :(....

Redhead Spinach said...

I fixed the link. Thanks for letting me know!