Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Grilled tomato, grilled mushrooms, grilled pizza

One thing I've learned since we moved to the Midwest, other than learning how to drive, is grilling. I never had or used a grill before we won it (yes, we won our grill in a raffle, our first month in Madison).  It's a gas grill, much easier and quicker than charcoal. And I love how I can throw anything on the grill and it just tastes awesome. Without heating up the kitchen.

Here is another attempt at grilled pizza. This time I grilled the tomatoes separately, the mushrooms separately, and the pizza base separately. Then assembled it all along with fresh basil (from our patio), slivers of sweet onion and fresh mozzarella.

I cannot begin to explain the taste and texture grilling brings to the base. With a nice crispy char on the bottom and soft melting cheese on top - this creation is one of the best pizzas I've made. Do I say that every time I make pizza? Hmmm...

No comments: