Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Cupcake Day

This week is my turn for our newly formed weekly "Cupcake Day" at work. Jen has already pushed the bar WAY up with a delectable re-creation of Martha's Chocolate Graham Cracker cupcakes. I've been searching and digging around for recipes all weekend long. My idea is to make something light and fruity - considering its in the high 80's outside. My searches brought about plenty of fruity cupcakes and fruit tarts, but nothing caught my fancy. Then I came upon mini cheesecakes! Now that could be refreshing and tart. SOLD! I've built up in my head a picture of a mini lemon cheesecake topped with lemon curd and blueberries. Now I have to find a recipe for this.

Martha has a nice cupcake recipe for mini cheesecake, but I wanted one with lemon in it. I found this one, but again, not exactly what I'm looking for. Great picture though - I want mine to look like that! So I'm just going to mix and match and find two separate recipes: Lemon cheesecake and lemon curd. Then top it off with blueberries. How could I possibly go wrong, right?

Stay tuned.

3 comments:

Jen said...

Can't wait to see what you come up with ...

Jen said...

I just found this recipe with a lemon curd, http://vintagesugartheblog.blogspot.com/2010/01/lemon-curd-mini-cheesecakes.html

Redhead Spinach said...

That recipe is perfect. Thanks Jen!