Saturday, October 18, 2008

Corn Burgers


This recipe sprouted out of a failed attempt to make my mom's "makka" (corn) cutlets. My mistake was that my corn to potato ratio was off. But I managed to transform it into corn burgers. Although they were a little sloppy to eat (think vegetarian sloppy joes). Here's what went into it -

Corn Burgers

1 box frozen corn
1 small potato, bolied
2-3 cloves garlic
cumin & corriander powder
salt & pepper
green chilies (or red chili powder)
1/2 an onion chopped

Saute the garlic, onions and chilies in a bit of olive oil. Once browned, add the frozen corn. Let it thaw out and then roast it a bit. Add the spices. Take it off the heat, and let it cool off for a few minutes. Dump it all in a food processor (or blender, if you must) and pulse. We don't want a puree, just want a coarse mixture. Mash and add the potato to this mix. Bring it all together, add some flour to it, if the consistency is too loose. Form into patties and pan fry in a little bit of olive oil.
Voila!

I made my burger with some Indian spicy (masala) tomato sauce, and a few slices of onions and tomatoes on a toasted bun. You can add whatever else you might want to.

No comments: