Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Birthday Dinner


I decided to cook for Ken's birthday - his favorite - lamb chops. I'd never cooked lamb chops before, so I wanted to keep in simple. Pan grilled chops with sauteed red Swiss chard and red peppers and a side of Isreali cous-cous.

It was my first time cooking chard as well - I picked it up at the union square farmer's market. Must say, I will be back for more chard. A simple saute with garlic, salt and pepper tastes divine! And it takes a whole of 5-7 mins to wilt down to yumminess. I topped it off with some peppers and onions that I sauteed separately.

The lamb chops just got some salt and pepper. The lamb itself was tasty enough to carry its own.

The cous-cous could have been better. It was a last minute addition and didn't quite fit.
But overall, it was a delicious meal.

Happy Birthday Dear!

No comments: