Sunday, October 5, 2008

Fish Stew


I had some dental work done on Friday. So I'm on a "soft diet". After eating Jell-O pudding for 24 hours, I decided to make something that I could eat without chewing. Fish was the closest I could get to meat. I picked up some fish and thought I should try my hand at a stew. I threw a few things in a pot, let it simmer, added the fish and Voila! Fish Stew!

My recipe was based on things I had in my refrigerator at the moment. You can modify your stew based on your refrigerator.

Loose guidelines for Richa's Fish Stew
Ready in 20 mins

few pieces of fish cubed (what ever you have on hand, I used red snapper)
diced onions
chopped garlic
diced zucchini
diced green peppers
diced jalapenos
chopped scallions
chopped cilantro
basil
thyme
red chili powder
salt & pepper
1 small can tomato sauce
1/2 can of beans (I used small white beans)
chicken stock

Saute onions and garlic in a pot. Add zucchini and peppers when onions turn golden brown. Add the basil, thyme, cilantro, scallions, red chili powder, salt and pepper. Saute. Add the can of tomato sauce. Saute. Add stock. Let it all come to a simmer. Mash the beans a bit and add to the pot to thicken up the stew. Once everything comes to a rolling boil, add the pieces of fish and let the stew come back to a boil. The fish will take about 3 mins to cook.
Serve with a slice of lemon.
Buon Gusto!

No comments: