Monday, February 15, 2010

Fish Tacos


My brother is flying out to LA for business today. So we've both been scouring the interwebs to find the best place in LA to get fish tacos. We came across a bunch of places that come highly recommended. We checked out the reviews, the menus and picked out a few that he can check out. But while he gets ready for his flight, I'm left craving some fish tacos! I hadn't had lunch yet, and it so happens I had pretty much everything I would need to make some - so I did! And it only took about 20 mins to make, including the fresh salsa.

Fish Tacos

1 fish fillet, (I had Alaskan Pollack) cut in small pieces
2 corn tortillas
lettuce, shredded
fresh salsa (recipe below)

Dredge the fish in flour and pan-fry with a swig of oil.
Warm up the tortillas in the pan.
Assemble the taco: corn tortilla topped with lettuce, salsa, fish.
Double up on the tortillas if you feel the need. A splash of lime is good too.



Salsa

1 tomato, small dice
1/4 onion, finely diced
small piece of green pepper, diced
5-6 slices marinated jalapenos, chopped
coriander, chopped
salt, pepper


Mix
Pour in a bit of the jalapeno marinating liquid to bring it all together.

Enjoy!

2 comments:

Angelina said...

This looks delicious! I love fish tacos and will have to try this.

Redhead Spinach said...

Thanks Angie. If you want a crunch, I would add an extra step - dip the dredged fish in an egg wash and roll in panko before pan frying. Let me know if you try making them!