Monday, February 1, 2010

Breakfast Souffle


I got a giant log of goat cheese at Whole Foods the other day. I had already made a beet salad and a filled pastry, and now I'm looking for more ways to consume my creamy goat cheese. Souffle. I've always wanted to try making a souffle - so today's the day. Apparently its not as hard as I've always thought it would be. Prep time was about 10 mins.

Spinach, Artichoke & Goat Cheese Souffle

3 egg whites
2 yolks
Spinach, chopped
Artichokes, chopped
Goat Cheese, crumbled
salt, pepper

Beat the egg whites till they're fluffy and form peaks. Don't overdo this part.
Mix the chopped spinach, artichokes, salt & pepper into the yolks. Add a dash of water or milk if necessary.
Crumble in the goat cheese and stir.
Fold the mix into the white. Do not stir, fold in. Try not to deflate the fluff.
Pour into buttered ramekins ( I used 2 medium sized pyrex bolws)


Bake at 375ยบ for about 20 mins.

Note: Let it cool a bit before you dig in, or that melting cheese will singe your tongue.

These refrigerate well. So if you make them ahead of time, just nuke them when you're ready to eat.

Bon Apetite

No comments: