Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Spaghetti Squash

Doesn't seem like winter is going to be over anytime soon. On the bright side, at least I can enjoy winter squashes some more. Today I'm planning on some spaghetti squash. How awesome is it that you can just "fork" a squash into noodles! I've only tried making this once, but I had no idea what to make of it. I still had no idea this time, but I figured I'll treat it just like pasta. Pesto, ricotta and mozzarella. It looks like mush, but tasted pretty good. Garlic toast completes the meal.

Pesto Spaghetti Squash

1 spaghetti squash
2 tbs pesto
1 cup ricotta
1 cup shredded mozzarella
chili flakes
salt

Cut squash lengthwise and bake, cut side down, at 375ยบ for about 45 mins
Remove from oven and let cool to touch. Shread the flesh with a fork.


In a saute pan saute the shredded squash, pesto, chili flakes, ricotta.
Mix well.
Top with mozzarella.

Bon Appetit.

No comments: